Changes to the Out of Hours service

If you need to see a doctor urgently when the surgery is closed please phone 111. NHS 111  and the Out of Hours Service are now working together to provide the ‘out-of-hours’ service on behalf of NHS Bedfordshire. Their service is staffed by a team of full trained advisers who will direct you towards the service you need, including being seen by a clinician or directing you to the local community service which can help you the best. That could be your local A&E, an urgent primary care centre or a walk in centre, an emergency dentist or a late opening chemist.

Whatever the day or time, if you or someone else experiences severe chest pain, loss of blood or suspected broken bones, you should go to your nearest accident and emergency department or call 999.